Senior Software Engineering Manager (Data Platform)- (Remote Boston or Indianapolis)
The Senior Backend Engineer will implement and work on automating and enhancing Service Manager and Translator Service Manager efficiency in conjunction with the Engineering Manager and Engineering teams. They will assist in the automation of boring and routine tasks. They will create our back-end services, which carry out both large- and small-scale data processing operations, such as automating the delegation of jobs to translators, auditing software, and other automation operations.
This position will operate remotely out of Boston or Indianapolis, with a possibility of the company establishes an office premises, after which you will have hybrid options.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design, construction, and improvement of scalable data systems with many service connections.
- Implement new features to empower our services team and boost process automation
- Raise the standard for technical excellence by improving the quality of the code, performing code reviews, expanding test coverage, and implementing the best engineering practices.
- Mentor young engineers in the areas of design, coding, troubleshooting, and operational excellence.
- Work together with the product team and business owners to comprehend the data requirements and translate them into specific deliverables.
The following qualifications are required for success:
- 4 or more years of software development experience using one or more general-purpose programming languages, such as but not limited to Java
- 2+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and management of reliable, scalable, and reasonably priced data systems
- Knowledge of big data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, NoSQL, Presto, BigQuery, BigTable, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a love of technology
- Building and running mission-critical, highly available systems
What we provide:
- Benefits include a competitive salary, significant equity, and 401(k) matching.
- Employees are provided with access to medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Employees can personalize benefits to suit their lifestyles by receiving a monthly lifestyle benefit stipend through the Fringe platform.
Must be authorized to work in US. This position is not available on a C2C basis. Currently company is not able to provide sponsorship.